Please note that, although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information printed here, it is the student’s responsibility to check with his/her director for any changes in audition requirements or schedules.
Students in grades 9 – 12 whose directors are current members of LMEA are eligible to audition. A student auditioning for the District Honor Jazz Band must be a member of the school’s instrumental music program.
This Year’s Clinician
This year’s Sr. High Jazz clinician is Clarence Johnson.
Audition Date, Fee, and Location
|Audition Date:||January 13, 2018|
|Location:||Fontainebleau High School|
|Time:||All jr. high students must check in by 8:30. Auditions will begin at 9:00.
All sr. high brass must check in by 8:30. Auditions will begin at 9:00.
All sr. high saxes and rhythm must check in by 10:00. Their auditions will begin after the jr. high auditions.
|Fee:||• $10.00 per audition
• Students auditioning on more than one instrument must pay the fee for each instrument.
• Fees should be paid to the student’s school.
• A single school check, payable to L.M.E.A. District IX, must be mailed by the deadline to: Val Estoque. A hard copy of the registration form must be included.
|Registration Form:||Directors must fill out and submit the registration form online by the deadline to assure that your students are scheduled.|
|Student Information Release Form:||Directors must turn in an “LMEA Student Information Release Form” for each student auditioning before students will be allowed to audition. Send these forms to the chairperson.|
|Registration Deadline:||• Registration form must be submitted and check must be postmarked by January 5,2018.
• Be aware that schools will be assessed a $50.00 late fee if this deadline is not met.
• Students who are registered late will be assigned whatever times are still available.
Audition results will be posted as soon as available – usually the night of auditions. Select “Audition Results” in the menu.
There is a $20.00 clinic fee for those students who were selected to the Honor Jazz Band. Check with your teachers for their due date. Teachers – this must be turned in no later than the first rehearsal.
Revised Rehearsal and Concert Schedule – Lee Hicks, Chairperson
Sr. High Updated Rehearsal Schedule:
|Wednesday, January 24, 2018||6:00pm-8:30pm||Fontainebleau High Band Room|
|Thursday, January 25, 2018||NO REHEARSAL||Practice at Home|
|Friday, January 26, 2018||6:00pm-9:00pm||Fontainebleau High Auditorium|
|Saturday, January 27, 2018||9:00am-11:30am
|Fontainebleau High Band Room/Auditorium
Fontainebleau High Auditorium
District Honor Jazz Band auditions include scales, prepared selections, and sight-reading.
CORRECTION: This year’s district audition material will be the same as THIS year’s All-State audition materials.
Wind players are responsible for preparing all major scales through four (4) sharps and four (4) flats as well as the chromatic scale the full range of their instrument.
To print out the major scales and the chromatic scale, click on the appropriate instrument below. (These links will take you to the LMEA website.)
Set 1: 2017-18 Scales are different from previous years.
Prepared Material and Audition Tracks
- All audition material and audition tracks, can be found on the LMEA site and are linked below. LMEA gives us permission to download both the music and the tracks.
- There is a 4-year rotation of prepared selections However, only set 1 is given below:
Set 1: 2017-18 New this year
All students will be required to sight read a short piece.