Please note that, although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information printed here, it is the student’s responsibility to check with his/her director for any changes in audition requirements or schedules.
General Information (including a description of ensembles, eligibility, performance location, audition process, and other information)
All-State Honor Jazz Band auditions will be recorded at the district level and submitted to the state jazz division chairperson for adjudication.
Once the recording begins, it will not be stopped. Read more about the audition procedure . . .
Audition Date, Form, Fees, and Locations
- Students must turn in the Jazz Audition Form (with necessary signatures) by the registration deadline.
- Students must fill out and turn in the LMEA Student Information Release Form
- If a student is auditioning for both All-State Jazz and Band, he/she must indicate their ensemble preference. This will not affect the audition results.
|September 19-20, 2017 - sections will be assigned to specific days after registration|
|September 15, 2017 Directors should mail the registration forms and check for fees to Lee Hicks, Fontainebleau High, 100 Bulldog Dr., Mandeville, LA 70471.|
|Auditions will be recorded at Fontainebleau High.
Registration in band room
|Times are TBA, but will be after school.|
|• $15.00 per entry
• Students - Fees should be paid to the student's school.
• Directors - Send a single school check, payable to L.M.E.A.
|See information below|
Each student must provide his/her own equipment for auditions. The only exception is the piano and guitar/bass amplifier.
Audition Requirements – have changed as of the 2017-18 auditions
- Scales for Wind and Rhythm Players: Required scales include selected blues, major, chromatic, and “other” scales. A copy of the scales for each instrument can be found on the LMEA website. (Links are given below.)
- Prepared Material and Audition Tracks: There is a 4-year rotation of prepared selections. All audition material and audition tracks can be downloaded from the LMEA website. (Links are given below.)
Additional information can be found in the LMEA Handbook
Results will be posted on the state’s website, https://www.lmeamusic.org.